Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Newsies

I missed the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade this year, so I've been on YouTube catching up on the Broadway performances I missed.  Of course I love them all (even Spider-Man...go ahead and hate, haters) but ohmygosh, NEWSIES!  It was as good and better than I was expecting.  I seriously cannot wait for this to open.  I was sad that I didn't get to see it when it was at Paper Mill Playhouse in New Jersey, but now I don't have to be!  I'm a longtime fan of the movie musical and am so glad it's finally coming to Broadway.  What's better than fifty tap dancing teenage boys?  Nothing, that's what.  I'm going to need some children tap dancers in my life since Billy Elliot is closing, but I'll rant about that later...(Does that make me seem a little creepy?)...Anyway, I'm especially excited that they switched the reporter role from male to female.  The boys don't need all the good roles.

Of course, there's no singing Christian Bale in this production. 
I just felt the need to include this picture because, well...isn't it obvious?  Drool.

It's set to open on Broadway on March 15th at the Nederlander Theatre.  Right now it's only supposed to run through June 10th, but let's hope it's super popular and becomes an open ended run.

If you missed the parade, you should definitely check out the video.  And if you saw the parade, you'll probably want to check out the video again :)  So here it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment