Sunday, November 6, 2011

Welcome to my blog!



After much encouragement and harassment from family members and friends, I have decided to begin blogging.  I really need an outlet for some of my creative energy and I’d like to be better about keeping family members “in the loop” of my life.

In 2009 I moved from an incredibly tiny town in Texas to the largest town in the United States, New York City.  I came here in pursuit of my biggest dream, to become a well rounded and well respected actress on Broadway. Well that hasn’t happened (YET! I’m working on it!), but other interesting and exciting things have taken shape in my life since I arrived here.

I have the most incredible job, babysitting the BEST seven year old boy in the city.  My life is blessed every day because of my job and the people I work for.  It also affords me a lot of free time for my passions: crafting, singing, dancing, and auditioning (not exactly a passion, as it’s probably the most terrifying thing in life, but I try to make myself audition as much as I can).

I live in your typical Manhattan walk up building with one of my all time best friends, Amber.  We have been friends since kindergarten and are now 24 (how did that happen?!).  In third grade we started making plans to move to NYC together, and I’m so, so happy that we actually did it!  Oh yeah, and I also enjoy hanging out with the newest addition to my apartment, my cat Scooter.  He is quite a character…he thinks he owns me and the apartment…but I love having him around! 
Meeting Amber at Grand Central on our first day in the city

So anyway, here’s my blog!  I’m sure my posts will be a little random, but I’ll try to write often and keep it somewhat interesting :)

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: