Monday, November 7, 2011

My Room

I love to be crafty and decorate things.  When I first moved into my apartment, it looked so depressing.  I love color and everything was white and empty.  I had a million decorating ideas for my bedroom but no extra money to make it happen.  So I started decorating a little bit a time, when I could afford it.  And two years later…I finally finished! Haha…

Here are some before shots.
Shudder.




A large, walk-in closet is just one of the luxuries of living in New York City...
Seriously, I can barely fit my winter coats in here.


And after!  Much cheerier, I think...


My favorite color is teal, can you tell?


I found the window pane mirror two years ago on the side of the road near Amber's house in Connecticut. Her mom was so nice and hauled it all the way to the city when they were here for a visit! One coat of white paint and it was good as new!

I kept this wall white so it doesn't feel like teal is taking over my life.


 It’s very bright, so you might hate it if you’re a person who doesn’t like so many patterns and colors.  I think I need the color, though.  It keeps my room from feeling monotonous.  I wanted a space that felt happy, fun, and comfortable, and I’m pretty pleased with the way it came out.

2 comments:

  1. WOW, WHAT a difference!!!! I LOVE the transformation!! It is BEAUTIFUL!!! I am so excited that you have a blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Leslie! That means a lot coming from you!!

    ReplyDelete