Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Temper Trap

Advertising definitely works on me...as soon as I see a commercial I like I feel the need to run out and make a purchase...probably not the best thing :/

Anyway, about a year ago I started seeing this amazing Diet Coke commercial.  The commercial is beautiful, and a bit inspiring to me.  I've always liked Diet Coke, so that's not really the part of the commercial that got to me.  I was obsessed with the song!  I shazam-ed it on my iPhone and discovered it was "Sweet Disposition" by The Temper Trap.  They are a relatively new Australian band, formed in 2005.  I ended up purchasing their debut album, Conditions, on iTunes and love it so much.  Every song is awesome, but I especially like "Sweet Disposition," "Love Lost," and "Down River."  "Sweet Disposition" is also featured in the film 500 Days of Summer.  And "Love Lost" plays at the end of No Strings Attached (a film I definitely don't recommend).  It's the kind of album that's great to listen to on your iPod as you're walking down the sidewalk...makes you feel kind of epic...even if you kind of aren't :)

Here's the commercial that started my obsession.  Enjoy!

3 comments: