Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Christmas Decorations

Okay, okay, I know it isn’t even Thanksgiving yet…but I am in the Christmas spirit!  I can’t help it!

Christmas is definitely my favorite time of year.  1. I’m a Christian, so it obviously has spiritual significance to me.  2. There is no better time of year for knitting and crafting than Christmastime.  3. Christmas always means I get to go home and spend time with family and friends in Texas.  As much as I love New York, I think Texas will always feel like home.
This year I decided to make at least a small effort to decorate my apartment.  And since I’m going to Texas in less than five weeks (yay!), I wanted to go ahead and decorate super early so I could enjoy it as long as possible.
Amber and I went to Target last weekend and went a little Christmas crazy.  We got a tree, lights, ornaments, and garland.  Then we decorated while we watched Home Alone...gosh, I love that movie..."Look what you did, you little jerk."  Never gets old :)
This was the cheapest tree, only $20!  Of course, you get what you pay for...it's pretty scraggly.  The box said 6ft, but it's only just over 5ft.  We put it on an end table to make it a little bit taller.
Living room window garland

I even did a little decorating in my room!  This dainty jingle bell garland is also from Target.
I like it so much I might just leave it up year round.
Merry (very early) Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Megan, I am glad that you decorated, I know you and Amber will enjoy them and they will really get you in the spirit. Has NYC put up decorations yet? Is the big tree up at the Rock Center?

    ReplyDelete
  2. GM-No Rockefeller tree yet, but decorations are popping up everywhere!

    Alicia-Thanks! Aren't they cute?!

    ReplyDelete