Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Knitting

My Granny and Nana are knitters, and when I was little I used to ask them to teach me.  They tried, but I always got frustrated and gave up before I got the hang of it.  When I was at Baylor, I was supposed to learn how to knit for one of my costume classes.  It was still extremely frustrating, but I forced myself to keep practicing until I got better.  And now I actually love knitting!  I still knit, mostly to keep my hands busy while I’m watching TV or movies.
I would love to open up an Etsy shop and sell the stuff I make…but I always ending up giving whatever I knit as presents.  I really need to start building up some stock…

Anyway, a few weeks ago I was at Target and I saw these adorable red and gray striped scarves and wrist warmers.  I decided to try and make my own, but couldn’t find any red and gray yarn that I liked.  So, of course, I settled on teal and gray.  And here they are for you to see!


2 comments: