Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Shake Shack

After church on Sunday, Amber and I went to Shake Shack to grab lunch.  I don't think I've ever had anything more delicious.  I like hamburgers just as much as the next person, but I’m not hamburger crazy.  And I normally don’t even like milkshakes, but I can’t get over the amazingness of Shake Shack's food.  They are most famous for their burgers and shakes, but they also have hot dogs, cheese fries, frozen custard, ice cream sodas, and pretty much anything you can think of that might cause cardiac arrest.  There are several locations in the city, but we went to the Upper West Side location, which is near the Museum of Natural History (I've also been to the one in Midtown West--it's just as good).  It was super crowded and we stood in line for about half an hour, but it was totally worth it.  I've heard all the locations can get crazy busy, so if you're going with a group and want to eat in the restaurant, it's best to avoid the lunch and dinner crowds.

They have a different custard flavor every day of the week (plus chocolate, vanilla, and peanut butter available every day).  You can enjoy the custard plain, have it mixed with candy, or made into a shake.  I think I'll have to come back one Wednesday for a Christmas Cookie shake...

The atmosphere is cute and cozy.

They have fun merchandise, too.  I love the "small fry" onesie!


I forgot to take a picture of the food before I inhaled it...but trust me, it was perfect!  

Yay Shake Shack!


No comments:

Post a Comment