Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Manicure Monday: Essie Winter/Holiday

Gasp, I almost missed Manicure Monday!

Today's polishes are a little random...they aren't all from the same collection because I just bought what looked prettiest to me at the time.  I have a polish from Essie Winter 2010 collection, Essie Winter 2011 collection, and Essie Luxeffects (Holiday) 2011 collection.

This is Brooch the Subject from Essie 2011 Winter collection.  When I saw this bottle in the store, I fell in love with it.  But I changed my mind once it was on my nails.  It's so close to my skin color that it gives me mannequin hands, and I'm just not crazy about the way that looks.  I guess it would be good in a situation where I wanted to wear polish that wasn't too noticable.  Not too much to say, other than that it's a beige creme.  The formula was perfect, as usual.  I love Essie's formula.

This is Going Incognito from Essie 2010 Winter collection.  I think this is one of my favorite polishes of all time.  It's an emerald green creme.  Again, perfect formula.

Here's one more picture of Going Incognito.  It looks even prettier in the sunlight!


I had been searching for Essie Shine of the Times for a long time.  It's part of their Holiday 2011 Luxeffects collection, but I couldn't find it anywhere because it's been such a popular color.  My favorite nail polish store finally got it back in stock last week and I snagged a bottle.  It's a flakie glitter topcoat.  The best thing about this polish is that it shows up differently depending on the color you layer it over.  My favorite nail blogger Scrangie suggested layering it over white, so I had to try that.  Here's a link to her Essie Luxeffects post.  Her Shine of the Times pictures are waaaay better than mine.

This is the polish I chose to put under Shine of the Times.  It's Sally Hansen Polar Bare, a semi sheer white.  I love this color even by itself, but it's really pretty with the Essie top coat.

My pictures just do not do this polish justice!  Only my pinky really shows the fun color of the top coat.  This is one coat of Shine of the Times over two coats of Polar Bare.  Shine of the Times is an iridescent flakie glitter that shifts between red, pink, orange, and green.  I'll post some pictures of Shine of the Times after I put it over a darker color.  The flakie glitter really pops over black, dark blue, and purple.  It's more subtle, but really beautiful and wintery over white.  It reminds me of sun shining on snow.

2 comments:

  1. SHINE OF THE TIMES IS MY NEW FAVORITE NAIL POLISH. i literally almost hyperventilated when i found it in a random walgreens. i wore it over a dark teal and it looked AWESOME. love it so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I have a friend who fully understands the amazingness of Shine of the Times!!! That is a great color idea...I'm gonna have to try that one!

    ReplyDelete