Thursday, December 8, 2011

Baylor Football in NYC

Last Saturday I went to a Baylor football viewing at the Mason Jar in Midtown East.  My parents were shocked to hear that I voluntarily watched football, and I have to admit, I even shocked myself a little bit.  I decided to go because some of my Baylor Theatre friends (who live here too) decided it would be a fun way for us to have sort of a mini reunion.  It was such a fun night.  I saw some friends I haven’t seen since I graduated and some friends I’ve kept up with but just don’t see often enough.  I did do more socializing than game watching, but I watched enough to know that we destroyed UT  :)

The Mason Jar is sort of your run of the mill, upscale-ish bar, but still fun.  They serve Southern style cuisine—maybe that’s why the Baylor Alumni group picked it?  I didn’t order any food, but my friend Hillary had Sweet Potato and Andouille soup.  She said it was really good and it looked amazing!
Anyway, I love making New Year’s resolutions and I’ve already started on next year’s list.  One of my new resolutions is to see more of my Baylor friends who live in NYC.  I really need to make more of an effort to spend quality time with these lovely people.  They were my family in college and I miss seeing them every day.
Yay resolutions, football, Baylor theatre, and NYC!  SIC 'EM!!!


2 comments:

  1. Spell checker... last word in paragraph one is spelled tu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I knew you were going to say that...

    ReplyDelete