Monday, December 12, 2011

Manicure Monday: LA Splash

A while back I was at a Duane Reade and saw a display of polish I had never heard of before!  So of course I had to make a purchase :)  I have now discovered LA Splash polish and I'm kinda in love with it.  I've never seen it anywhere other than Duane Reade (NY based drugstore) but I'm sure they sell it at other places.  I'm going to keep my eyes out for it...

First up: Diamonds.  This is a holographic, silver glitter in a clear base.


Blurry so you can see the pretty holographic-ness

I wanted to layer it over red, but didn't like the way it looked.  The glitter is so densely packed that the red barely showed through.  So I painted a layer of a red jelly polish over it.

This is one coat of Essie Limited Addiction painted over LA Splash Diamonds.  Actually, Limited Addiction isn't a true jelly, just a sheer-ish red.  Diamonds would sparkle through a true jelly even better, but I still think this looks pretty.  I love red sparkly for Christmastime!


And this is LA Splash Glitz & Berry.

The name kind of speaks for itself on this one.  It's a berry colored jelly polish loaded with glitzy silver and red glitter.  The color on this one seemed to shift with what I was wearing (more pink with my pink clothes and more red with my red clothes).  I would call the color cranberry or raspberry.  This one is also perfect for Christmas :)


No comments:

Post a Comment