Monday, February 13, 2012

Manicure Monday: Valentine's Day Nails!

I love holidays, so even though I'm single I still feel the need to celebrate Valentine's day :)  So I've spent the last week sporting all these girly, pink Valentine's inspired nails.

This is a "jelly sandwich" manicure.  Basically I painted alternating layers of a hot pink jelly and a multi colored glitter.  I used "Too Hot Pink To Hold 'Em" from OPI's Texas collection and Wet & Wild's "Party of Five Glitters."  I love how the glitter looks like it's suspended in the jelly polish.

This is two coats of Sally Hansen's "Rockstar Pink."  It's a fun, fairly opaque pink, blue, and (a little) red glitter.  It like this glitter all on it's own, but I thought it might also look pretty with a jelly on top, so...

I put two coats of "Do You Think I'm Tex-y" (also from OPI's Texas collection) over the glitter.  And, of course, I LOVE IT! 

This is "Kim-pletely In Love" from Nicole by OPI's Winter 2011 Kardashian collection.  It's a gorgeous pale pink with subtle blue shimmer.  Apparently this is the polish that Kim Kardashian wore on her wedding day.  Because of that, I sort of feel jinxed when I wear this polish...but it's so pretty I just really don't care.

This is "Wear Something Spar-kylie," another pretty polish from the Kardashian collection.  It's a very opaque medium pink glitter.

And last, but not least, this is Sally Hansen's salon effects nail strips in "Cross My Heart."  I've never used this stick on type of polish, but I really love it!  They were super easy to apply, and are supposed to stay on for up to 10 days...but there's no way I'll be able to make it that long without changing my polish :)

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment